28 June 2019 News
Situated in the heart of Belfast city centre, Lanyon specialises in strategic communication, reputation management and stakeholder engagement.
Our exceptional reputation is underpinned by our strong commitment to delivering excellence consistently across our full portfolio of client services.
Combining our corporate communications and marketing expertise, long-established relationships and market knowledge, we work closely in partnership with local and international clients to help them achieve their full growth potential.
Lanyon was established in 2014 by Katie Doran and Jonathan Ireland, who have a combined experience of over 35 years in corporate communications in UK and Ireland and further afield. Both partners have worked with leading retail banks, international law firms, investment funds and commercial property clients, as well as blue-chip companies drawn from a diverse range of sectors.
Our deep knowledge and understanding of the business environment ensure that Lanyon truly adds value to every organisation with whom we work.
Due to increasing demand from our rapidly-growing client portfolio, we are seeking a highly-skilled and experienced, designer or senior designer to lead on the development of our creative division within the business.
You will play a key role in the delivery of exciting creative projects to an enviable portfolio of clients across the legal, financial, technology, commercial property and public sectors in Northern Ireland and further afield.
Working alongside our industry-leading team of communications experts, you will take the lead on the execution of high-end projects, from concept to completion, across web, digital, print and video. Alongside larger strategic, end-to-end brand projects, this will include graphic-based design work such as infographics, branding, brochures and advertisements, and digital creative assets.
Based in new, state-of-the-art offices in Belfast city centre, you will have the opportunity to grow the role over a number of months with a view to recruiting a junior within the first 12-18 months, as well as managing a pool of freelance design partners as required.
For this role, we need a designer looking for an ownership opportunity across both traditional print as well as web & mobile projects. It’s a big job and we’re looking for a bold creative to help us build, lead and shape a supportive cross-functional team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all of the following qualities:
· Commitment to highly-productive, efficient and commercially-driven running of the creative function with the agency
· Ability to translate client briefs into highly-creative and impactful creative work
· Commitment to production of flawless, high-quality creative – from initial concepts through to superb client-ready artwork
· Strong desire to work alongside the agency’s directors to develop its wider creative offering – specifically web, digital and video
· Work collaboratively with the agency’s team of communications experts
· Support the wider team with training to improve understanding of different creative formats and briefing skills
· Minimum four years’ experience essential for Senior Designer or two years’ experience for Designer
· Strong visual design, print design, and communication skills
· An impressive portfolio of creative projects you have led or been involved in across digital, web, print and video
· Proficient with the full Adobe CC Suite (particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Premier)
· Strong attention to detail, with an unfaltering commitment to flawless execution within strict deadlines
· Strong ambition to grow a high-performing creative division within the agency and progress your career
· Experience with digital design packages such as XD, Sketch, Invision
· Experience in UX & UI is a major plus
· Knowledge of HTML, CSS, modern browser technologies, and cross-device design
· Experience of producing video content is highly desirable
Please see send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 15 July at 5.00pm.